Watch Gaia videos anytime, anywhere with the download feature for Android and Apple on our app!
How to Use Offline Downloads
Save any video to watch it offline by clicking “Save for Offline.” This doesn’t automatically download that video to your device. You can click “Download Now” on that same screen, or you can go to Playlists, Saved for Offline, and download the video to the device of your choice when you’re ready. Because “Saved for Offline” shows up across your Android/iOS devices, you’ll be able to download just what you want on the devices of your choice.
Here is what you will see when you are ready to download:
1. Click the plus(+) sign to add the title to your playlist first. You will then need to download the title.
2. Once it is saved to your playlist, you will need to download the title. Note: If your phone is low on storage or if you have selected 'wi-fi only' in your download settings; please make sure you are connected to wi-fi and you have storage before downloading. You can update your download settings in the Account Management area.
3. You will now be able to see your saved videos in the 'Playlists' section under 'Saved for Offline'
- Download videos from the Gaia app to your phone or tablet
- Watch your downloaded videos anytime, anywhere
- New feature available on all iOS and Android devices
- Logging out of the app will actually clear previous downloads
- The first time you download a title: You will have the option to choose to download over wi-fi only or using data. If you are not on wi-fi, and you chose wi-fi as your option, your title will not download.
- If you would like to use your cellular data to download, please make sure you update your download settings in the 'Account' area of your phone
Why do I have to “Save for Offline” before I can download?
We’re supporting you with a playlist that shows up on all of your Android and iOS devices. Some users don’t want to automatically download every playlisted video to all of their devices, namely because of storage capacity, so we made the download option a choice for each video.
How can I see what videos are downloaded on my device?
Click the Playlists tab, Saved for Offline, and you can choose to “See All,” or just what’s already downloaded to the device.
How do I remove videos from my device?
Hit edit in the upper-right hand corner, or swipe left, and tap to delete the download or simply remove from playlist.
How do I remove videos from my offline playlist?
Hit edit in the upper-right hand corner, or swipe left, and click to delete the download or simply remove from playlist.
Can I chromecast downloaded videos?
What about subtitles/other languages?
Unfortunately, subtitles are not currently supported on downloaded videos.
Who can use the offline download feature?
Offline download is available to all logged-in Android and iOS users with current subscriptions.
How many videos can I download?
There is no limit to the number of videos Gaia allows you to download. Video files can be large and will take up space while saved on your Android/iOS phone or tablet. Some devices may have more storage space than others.
Do I need to be connected to WiFi while downloading?
No, however, we recommend downloading while connected to WiFi only because video files are large and can use a lot of data. In general, downloading will happen faster when you’re connected to WiFi.
Additionally, for people without unlimited data plans, depending on your carrier and plan, this can cause higher cell phone bills or reductions in access to data for the duration of your plan period. Your Gaia app will ask you if you want to allow data use the first time you start a download, so there will be no surprises! If you want to change your setting later, you can go to your account section, under “Download Settings.”
You can set your Gaia app to only allow downloading while on WiFi.
Can I watch downloaded videos forever?
Downloaded videos can be watched for 30 days without an internet connection. After that, you’ll need to connect to the internet again to refresh this window and confirm you’re still a Gaia member. Opening your Gaia app while connected to either your cell network or a WiFi network will refresh this time limit automatically as long as you are still a member.
Will downloading videos use all my data in my data plan?
No, you can set Gaia to only download videos while on WiFi on your account page.
Why are my videos grayed out/why do I see expiration notes in my playlist?
Downloaded videos are available for 30 days without internet. Connect to the internet, which will confirm you’re still a Gaia member and refresh your access to downloaded videos.
Why do my videos expire after 30 days without internet?
To ensure your membership is active when you’re enjoying Gaia.
*Please note: This is not available on the web- just the Android and iOS App.