In this article, we cover the following questions:
- What is the multiple profiles feature?
- How does the multiple profiles feature work?
- How do I add a new profile to my account on Gaia.com?
- How do I add a new profile to my account on the Gaia app?
- Profile settings and onboarding preferences
- How do I remove an existing profile from my account?
- On what devices is the multiple profiles feature available?
- I’m trying to add an email address, but I receive the message “Please use a different email address.” Why is this?
What is the multiple profiles feature?
The multiple profiles feature allows you to create up to two additional unique profiles per subscription. Each profile allows the user to create their own playlists, see their personal watch history, set their language preference, update notifications, and receive personalized recommendations from Gaia.
All profile users must use the main account owner’s email and password to sign in. The purpose of this feature is to help your family members, roommates, or friends enjoy Gaia.
Although your profile users will not directly see your account information while they are logged in and accessing Gaia, they can switch to your primary account and will have access to view and update your Gaia account information. You are liable for any updates made by your profile users.
How does the multiple profiles feature work?
All profile users must use the main account owner’s email and password to sign in. Each time you log in to the main account, you will see a screen asking you "Who’s Watching?".
If You Do Not Want an Additional Profile
If you are the primary account user and you do not wish to have any additional profiles, then you may select "Do not ask me this again." Once you have selected this, we will no longer show you this screen when you log in to your account. Instead, you will immediately be taken to your member home page. Example
If You Would Like to Add Additional Profiles
If you have an additional profile, then each time you log in to your Gaia account you will be asked "Who's Watching?". You will need to select the profile you wish to use, that way we can personalize your Gaia home page and load the appropriate user playlists, recommendations, and watch history. Example
How do I add a new profile to my account on Gaia.com?
Adding a Profile from the Login Screen on Gaia.com
Each time you log in to your account, you will see a screen asking you "Who’s Watching?" To add a profile user, simply select the "Add Profile" button from this screen. Example
Step 2: Add Profile Details
Adding a Profile from within an Account on Gaia.com
If you are already logged in to Gaia, you may add a new profile user by following the steps below:
1. Click on your circular avatar in the top right corner and select "Manage Profiles." Example
2. To add your profile user, enter their first name, last name, and email address. Example
How do I add a new profile to my account on the Gaia app?
To add a new profile when using the Gaia App, follow the steps below:
1. Click on your circular avatar in the top right corner and select "Manage Profiles."
2. Click the "+" sign to add a profile. Example
Profile settings and onboarding preferences
All new profiles will have a username automatically assigned to them based on their email address. The text before the “@” of the email address will be the assigned username. You will be able to update this username at anytime within your profile. (See "How do I change my username, password, or email address?" for more information.)
All users will use the main account holder's username and password to sign in. We capture an email address for each profile so that we can send customized emails to each profile based on their preferences. All profile holders can manage their email preferences. (See "How can I update my email preferences or unsubscribe?" for more information.)
Each profile will be shown the “Welcome to Gaia” onboarding survey either (1) the first time the user logs in to the main account and selects their profile from the “Who’s Watching” screen, or (2) the first time you select the new user profile from the circular avatar in the top right-hand corner of your screen. This survey will determine what is displayed in the member home page.
This survey can only be processed once, so it is important to know your profile users interests if they are not with you to answer on their own behalf.
How do I remove an existing profile from my account?
To remove a profile, you must be logged into the primary account.
1. Click on your circular avatar in the top right-hand corner and select "Manage Profiles." Example
2. Select the "Remove" link at the far right of the listed profile you wish to remove. We will ask you to confirm that you intend to remove this profile. Example
3. When this modal appears, click the "Delete Profile" button. The profile will be deleted. Please note: the primary account holder's profile cannot be deleted. Example
On what devices is the Multiple Profiles feature available?
The Multiple Profile feature is available when using Gaia through any of the following:
- Laptop or computer
- iPhone or iPad
- Android phone or tablet
- Roku device
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
I’m trying to add an email address, but I receive the message “Please use a different email address.” Why is this?
This means that the email address you are trying to use has been used previously to create an account or profile with Gaia. Please use an alternate email address if possible or contact us here.