Check Device Compatibility
Gaia is compatible with Android phones and tablets running Operating System 5.0 or later.
Performance on various Android models can vary greatly due to many variations in hardware, memory, and processor configurations.
The Samsung Galaxy SX series devices have been tested from the S6 model onward and have shown very good performance using the Gaia app.
Check Your Internet Connection
When a video plays in lower-than-expected quality or continues to buffer, then it’s likely due to your internet speed (bandwidth) or your device’s processing speed.
As Gaia is a streaming service, having access to a stable internet connection is crucial for quality viewing. If you are using Gaia on your phone or tablet, you will be able to test your internet speed here: https://fast.com
Simply click the link above and wait for the site to calculate your current internet speed. For optimal streaming, we recommend a minimum speed of 5.0 Mbps.
Force Quit the Gaia App
Try rebooting the Gaia app by force quitting it. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on “Application Manager.”
- Scroll down in the “Downloaded” list and tap the Gaia app.
- Tap “Force Stop” to fully close the application on your device.
Log Out of Your Gaia Account and Log Back In
Try to log out of your Gaia account before logging back in. To do this, follow these steps below:
- From the home page of your Gaia app, click on your circular avatar icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Click “log out” from the menu.
- Log back in using your credentials.
Ensure You Are Using the Latest Version of the Gaia App
To manually update your Gaia app, please follow the steps below:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap Menu
- then “My apps & games.”
- Apps with an update available are labeled with "Update." You can also search for a specific app.
- Tap “Update.”
Uninstall and Reinstall the Gaia App
To uninstall the Gaia app, you can either press and hold on the app icon and drag it to the "uninstall" icon that appears after a few seconds, or you can follow the steps below:
- Select the Settings app from your app drawer or home screen.
- Tap “Apps & Notifications,” then hit “See all apps.”
- Scroll down the list until you find the app you want to remove and then tap it.
- Select “Uninstall.”
- Reinstall the app by following the instructions here.
Restart Your Device
Please turn your device off and wait for 30 seconds before restarting it.
Restart Your Home Network (If Using Wi-Fi)
Restarting your router or modem can help to refresh your connection and improve video playback. To do this, please follow the steps below:
- Unplug your modem (and your wireless router, if it's a separate device). Leave them both unplugged for 30 seconds.
- Plug in your modem and wait until the indicator lights are on. If your router is separate from your modem, plug your router in and wait until the indicator lights are back on.
- Connect your device and open your Gaia app.
Clear Gaia App Cache
To clear your Gaia app cache, please follow the steps below:
- Open “Settings” on your phone.
- Tap the “Storage” heading to open its settings page.
- Tap the “Other Apps” heading to see a list of your installed apps.
- Select “Gaia,” then tap the “Clear Cache” button.
Try Our Download Offline Feature
If you are experiencing playback issues when using the Gaia app away from your regular home network, then we would recommend trying to download content to view offline. You can find out more about this feature here.
Still having an issue? Please connect with our support team here.