Check Your Internet Connection
When a video plays in lower-than-expected quality or continues to buffer, then it’s likely due to your internet speed (bandwidth) or your device’s processing speed.
As Gaia is a streaming service, having access to a stable internet connection is crucial for quality viewing. For optimal streaming, we recommend a minimum speed of 5.0 Mbps.
To test your internet speed, follow the instructions below:
- Select “Settings” > “Network” from the Fire TV menu.
- Press “Play/Pause” on your remote, and follow the recommended steps.
Force Quit the Gaia App
- Select “Settings” from the home screen.
- Select “Applications.”
- Select “Manage Installed Applications.”
- Click on the Gaia app.
- Click on “Force stop.”
Log Out of Your Gaia Account and Log Back In
Try to log out of your Gaia account before logging back in. To do this, follow these steps below:
- From the home page of your Gaia app, click the left side navigation menu and go to your account.
- Click “log out” from the menu.
- Log back in using your credentials.
Ensure You Are Using the Latest Version of the Gaia App
Please ensure you are using the latest version of the Gaia app by following the steps below:
- From the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick home screen, scroll down to the “App” section.
- Scroll to the right until you reach the Gaia app.
- If an update is available, an “Update” button will be present.
- Select the “Update” option.
Restart Your Device
- Go to “Settings.”
- Select “My Fire TV,” and then “Restart.”
Uninstall and Reinstall the Gaia App
- Open your Fire TV interface and go to the home menu.
- On the menu items at the top of the screen, scroll to the right, and choose “Settings.”
- Scroll right and select “Applications” then select “Appstore.”
- Select the Gaia app and click “Uninstall.”
Restart Your Home Network (If Using Wi-Fi)
Restarting your home network can help to refresh your connection and improve video playback.
To do this, please follow the steps below:
- Unplug your modem (and your wireless router, if it's a separate device). Leave them both unplugged for 30 seconds.
- Plug in your modem and wait until the indicator lights are on. If your router is separate from your modem, plug your router in and wait until the indicator lights are back on.
- Connect your TV and open the Gaia app.
Switch to Ethernet Connection (If Using WiFi)
- Turn off or unplug your smart TV.
- Plug your smart TV directly into your modem using an Ethernet or LAN cable.
- Unplug your modem from power for at least 30 seconds, then plug it back in and wait until no new indicator lights are blinking on.
- Turn on your smart TV and try opening the Gaia app again. Ensure your network settings are configured to an Ethernet setting.
Clear Gaia App Cache and Data
- From the Fire TV menu, select “Settings.”
- Go to “Applications.”
- In “Manage Installed Applications,” select the Gaia app.
- Select “Clear Cache,” and then “Clear Data.”
Still having an issue? Please connect with our support team here.